Friday, January 30, 2015

Mama


There is no-one like your mother. Nobody can love you like your mama does. I am so blessed to have my mother still in my life and still cheering me on! I am so much like my mother. As I get older I realize that more and more. She is my prayer warrior, my corny joking, supportive mother! 


It would not have been the same without her there helping me get ready on my special day. She is my voice when I don't have one, my prayer when I cannot speak them, my believer when I lack in faith....she is the rock that keeps me, keeps us all going strong. She was pretty quiet on my wedding day, not sure if it was the nerves or just the mother within her worrying about the day and praying it would go smoothly......but she was was that quiet beautiful strength of support that I needed.


I am reminded of a time where my circle of friends rejected me. I was isolated and left to feel discarded and without value. I remember kneeling at the alter at a church service, crying my eyes out from the hurt that they made me feel, asking God to please let them see the hurt they were causing me, let them come and hold me.....I remember sitting there feeling their stares almost like daggers making the hurt more deep. Then I felt a hand go around my shoulder.......I looked up expecting one of them and instead found it to be my mother. God then reassured me that my mother, my family will be the rock that would hold me through that next season. That was the truth! My faithful mother!

                                         

My prayer is that I will become the mother to my child as she is to me. My child will be so richly blessed if that will come to pass!

I love you ma!

~My

(All pictures by Katherine Davis by http://www.deependimagery.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment