Thursday, January 15, 2015

We Tied The Knot Gatsby Style


As I sit here and write this 6months into this marriage, I still cannot believe it to be true. Ive always been one to dream about my wedding day. I can remember as a young girl the planning process had already begun, the little old purple journal with all the clippings and  notes of what I desired the day to be like. To now look back and realize how perfect that day was and how closely knit it was to my dreams and what was in that small purple journal, leaves me with smiles and chuckles. God, have you  ever so blessed me!


Before I can even begin to reflect back on that day, I must begin with our extraordinary roots, known as our family. Sigh.....where can I even begin?! We are truly blessed with the parents that God has given the both of us. Tho they may be from different ethic backgrounds, they both rely heavily on our Creator and have instilled that in our lives. This picture is by far one of my favorite from the wedding because it shows God's amazing work in our families lives. To have both sides still in love and fighting to sustain their marriage is such a rarity in todays society, it reminds me of that pearl lost in that ugly oyster. What value that pearl is compared to the world it dwelled in! Me and my Romeo would be nothing with out these four incredible people, and we look forward to being half of who they are as spouses and parents!! 




Along with those parents they also produce some beautiful children( apart from me and Ram ha!) and man are they our rocks! On my side I have a younger brother and older sister who are my everythings! Ram has a younger sister who has been our biggest cheerleader and supporter! Sigh.....did I mention how blessed we truly are?!! BEYOND. It was a dream come true having them all at our sides on that special day and in the preparation process.


And now.......JULY 18, 2014

As I mentioned earlier, I have always had my wedding on my mind! It was always centered around the 1920's, something about the freedom in that era and mostly the clothing and accessories has always captured my attention. I often feel and have been told I was born in the wrong era LOL I just am a lover of vintage, which I know I have inherited from my mother. Anyway! The wedding was centered on that era with inspiration from Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby. It was such a joy to plan the details of this wedding because it was all things I loved! A lot of what I used for our decor were items I already owned, which made it all the more easier. I am a believer in doing things that YOU love, not just what is in at that time. Let all you do reflect YOU and that is exactly what we did!  The day was absolutely perfect! The family and friends that surrounded us beamed with love and excitement, the food was beyond yummy and the atmosphere was so peaceful and fun.....I often dream about going back to that wonderful day! Below is a link to a Wedding Blog that featured our wedding! It also holds our video snippet! I will be blogging pictures of favorite parts of this day and sharing my thoughts on them within the next couple of weeks!
Be sure to visit the link below!



To my Darling Pearls in Waiting,

I remember multiple weddings where I was left with feelings of doubt and sadness. When would this happen for me?! Will it ever happen?! What would he be like? Have I already met him? Etc, etc....
I believe the enemy works his way in our hearts and minds during this season, as he loves to do trying to steal, kill, and destroy the Hope that is within us. Getting us to focus on the outer shell of our lives that appear compared to others, dirty, without beauty, rough....kinda like the exterior of an oyster. May I encourage you to stick to that Hope within you and focus on the interior. Have you ever seen the interior of an oyster?? Yes, it contains a pearl but its interior is often shiny and pearly itself! It is beautiful! Fix your eyes on that! Yes, there are parts that are still rough and not so pretty but thats life darling, train yourself now to see that beauty within and before you know it that shell will crack open exposing you, my Darling Pearl, to new life and new beginnings! 
Stay Encouraged. 
~MY


(All pictures by Katherine Davis by http://www.deependimagery.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment